Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: I'll be honest...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I'll be honest...

    I just about left the board--I honestly had a PM typed up to Rock, stepping down as a Mod and asking to be removed from the membership--but I didn't send it.

    I wasn't pleased with the set-up, losing all the utilities we lost through the move, members not coming back, and so on. I'm glad to say that I may not be on here as much as I used to be on the old set-up, but I'm gonna be around. While there's some posters I still don't really like (and I'm sure the feeling's mutual sometimes), I enjoy the sense of community on here.

    Hope all of you are well, and look forward to many conversations with all of you. As I've told all of you in the past, even those I have butted heads with--if there's anything I can do to improve your experience on here as a Mod, let me know.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bballgal42's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2008
    Posts
    70
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'll be honest...

    I know that I have not been on the board as long as some, and I am not fond of this set up (would someone tell me how to use private message), but I still enjoy the board in general. And I hate to see those go that have worked very hard to make the board what it is. In time, I think things will pick back up, just seems this time of year, everyone is constantly running from one thing to another and it is hard to find time to post.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'll be honest...

    i visit and post very seldomly anymore..i know its not rocks or anyone elses fault, but the lack of good posters is what makes me saty away from this place anymore

  4. #4
    Inactive Member SkoalSpitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2009
    Posts
    242
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'll be honest...

    This forum setup sucks. Pages load slow as hell.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'll be honest...

    if there were more people itd be more entertaining, im still around somewhat, i like the arcade haha

  6. #6
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'll be honest...

    Quote Originally Posted by SkoalSpitter View Post
    This forum setup sucks. Pages load slow as hell.
    I had to switch browser's because IE wouldn't work for me here. It took 20 seconds for me from the time I clicked on a thread till it opened and I was able to read anything.

    Yeah, lack of people is one thing that has hurt and ...................well, that's all.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  7. #7
    Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    997,453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Lightbulb Re: I'll be honest...

    Porting from one platform to another was extremely difficult and took much longer then anticipated trying to duplicate/surpass the previous Hostboard system (I know you were not apart of the original system) which we did accomplish. I had numerous emails with Freddy and he is well aware of what we are doing though as admitted it is taking longer then we initially thought and for that I apologize.

    Now that we have version 1 of the HBCP behind us we will be concentrating on many new features that are on the laundry list (multiple pages worth). Many of them deal directly with this forum and are taking a higher priority in getting them implemented.

    As for speed I am not sure why anyone would have a problem. We are on a server that is literaly 4x more powerful and has tons more bandwidth then anything we ever run on before. The server was tested and is capable of sustaining 8,000 concurrent users. The admin pages run a debug page that shows every: Template, Included File, Phrase Group, Hooks. It also included memory usage, database queries and the all important page generation time. In other words we are watching the system like hawks for any sign of a problem and login many many times a day. I login from the east coast and Adam our developer from the west coast.

    Some page load time taken directly from the debug information screen:

    Home page: Page Generation 0.37444 seconds

    Click on Communities: Page Generation 0.29652 seconds

    Click on LPD Forums: Page Generation 0.31898 seconds

    Click on this forum: Page Generation 0.38754 seconds

    Of course if there are issues and they are not reported to the Help Desk then chances are slim that either of us will see them unless we stumble upon the post like I did this one and offer assistance.
    Please do not PM or e-mail me for support.
    The fastest way to get support is through our Help Desk

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Tucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2009
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'll be honest...

    I had some problem trying to get back on some way my DOB had been changed to 1 year old said I needed a parent etc could get the form to load they sent me 2 new passwords didn't work but I am finally back. Trying to learn how to use the board.

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'll be honest...

    I'm not tickled to death but I'm actually patient on things. It was so unstable last year, if it gets to the point we want, it will be great. Lots of users haven't been back because they haven't been mailed about the different link, location. I have not done that myself because I didn't want to get a bunch of users back with things not being clicking like we want. Editing message, limited access forums, bans, all those things I'm not sure of if they work or how to get them to work.

    I haven't been on here much myself because I'm trying to keep from harassing the crap out of Steven and company, and I know they are working on fixing things. Hopefully we go from whatever we got now, whatever people consider that on a 1-10 scale to more than double that number soon.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  10. #10
    Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    997,453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Re: I'll be honest...

    Now that HBCP Version 1.0 is released we are going to tackle the forum access/permissions. Adam and myself are trying to figure out the best way to handle it as well as something that is easy and makes sense.
    Please do not PM or e-mail me for support.
    The fastest way to get support is through our Help Desk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •